Myers is a trustworthy resource for product design and engineering. We understand that your product is unique.
Sounds like an easy question. But is it?
Advantages of Thermoforming
Thermoforming can usually offer more detail than rotomolding. But then Myers has the technologies and expertise to make detailed rotomolded parts. Need one side thicker than the other? Do we need to run 5000 pieces or a hollow part with a second compartment trapped Inside? Thermoforming might be your answer, but you need to be certain. Because Myers offers rotomolding and thermoforming, you can count on us to evaluate your design and recommend the best approach. We can consider thermoforming when you want:
- Dimensional stability with tighter tolerances
- Excellent moldability that can retain more physical detail
- A choice of materials that can be resistant to heat, creep, corrosion
- A wide variety of colors, textures and finishes that can replace painting or gel coat
- Fast product development thanks to the low tooling investment with a shorter lead time vs other options
- Conversion from metal or fiberglass to reduce costs and weight
- Cost-effective Prototype tooling
- Quick & economical tool and part modifications
- Superior Aesthetics and Functionality
- Flexible Ordering with short lead times
- Small to medium part runs of 50 – 5000 pieces.
- To reduce inventory with conveniently scheduled shipments
- Parts from _____ up to W80” x L125” at 0.06” to 0.50” gauge thickness with the option for ~36” in depth
Twin sheet forming offers additional benefits.
- Addition of structural reinforcements and/or internal components
- Mold-in attachments can be included in the design
- Wide range of materials available, most can also be insulated
- Twin sheet parts can be ideal for replacing stamped metal parts
- Two-color product options
- Ability to have two different material thicknesses
- A higher aesthetic product because of complete tooling contact of both exterior sheets
- A hollow product with a separate component trapped inside as the part is being formed.
- Allows a parting line that varies in locations around the perimeter of the two halves
- Increased Structural Integrity
- Rigidity in otherwise weak areas
- Multiple Material options, depending on end-use requirements such as flame-retardant, food-grade, etc.
- Size capabilities range from X up to W74” X L98” up to a gauge of 0.5” thick, creating parts up to ~36” in depth.